Monday, May 9, 2016

Lipstick on a Pig

Have you heard the expression of Lipstick on a Pig? 

As I was touring the downtown today, I ran across this cute little pig dressed up for spring.

Many of the merchants decorate the entrance to their stores by dressing up pigs.





This particular pig inspired me to prepare a light luncheon for me and my husband.




I decided to use a small pig for a centerpiece. 
I purchased this pig at Cracker Barrel. 



I thought a red flower tablecloth would brighten my table. 


I also found the red salad plates from Cracker Barrel that match the pig.  I paired it with white napkins and matching rings from Pier One.


I cooked some low calorie cabbage beef  soup and served it with pink lemonade.

Oh, Yes the pig came out in me ! I made some cornbread to go along with our soup.





It was a delicious lunch! 




Hope you have a great week and get inspired from your surroundings!

Thanks for stopping in - JoAnn.



Linking to:


Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
                                                                          
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Stonegable Blog
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Swing into Spring at DIY By Design


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane for (Wednesday evenings) 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olsen
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Inspiration Thursday @ In the New House
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme

Feathered Nest Friday @ the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design & Life

The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday


Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life
Dishing and Digging @ Rustic & Refined

3 comments:

  1. Nice table setting. The little pig and matching plates are too cute! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve likes to make chili and I make the cornbread. I love the shape of your cornbread and would love to make some. What kinds of tin do you have to give it the fun shape?

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, it is nice to meet my name sake! lol I loved your post and I will be featuring it at SYC this week. Thanks for sharing! Jo

    ReplyDelete